Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Proportionate

Mason had his four-year check-up last week...I put it off for a while because I had heard that the 4-year was a doozy...it was.

He hasn't had any shots since he was a baby (ie before he can remember) so this one was tough. Thankfully, Graem went to the appointment with us because we had to hold Mason down while the nurse gave him the shots. The poor fella cried and kept repeating, "I don't love shots." By the time the appointment was over, it was time for lunch, so I told him we could go out somewhere - his choice. He picked Cold Stone. Typically I wouldn't give in to "ice cream for lunch" but he was still crying and told me that some green ice cream really would make him feel better. How could I resist?

Mason was so tee-tiny when he was born, only 6 lbs, 1 oz, and for the longest time he seemed so little. Then he grew taller but was still skinny. Between age 2 and 3 he really took off in growth. At his last check-up (3 yrs), he was in the 65th percentile for weight and the 76th percentile for height. This year, I could hardly believe it when Dr. D gave me his growth chart print-outs...he is now in the 83rd percentile for weight and the 82nd percentile for height. So much for tall and skinny!

post signature

No comments: