Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Litchfield

I mentioned in my post yesterday that we spent the weekend at the beach...my Aunt Ruth let us use her brand new condo at Litchfield and we had such a relaxing mini-vacation. October is a great time to go to the beach...I could hardly believe it, but people were actually swimming in the pools and the ocean!

We took lots of walks/bike rides...
IMG_0128

...hunted alligators...
IMG_0122

...enjoyed the scenery...
IMG_0121

DSC_0782

DSC_0785

...had races on the beach...
DSC_0788

DSC_0789

DSC_0791

...and I did my best to ensure that we left Aunt Ruth's beautiful condo with brand new furniture exactly like we found it, which was difficult considering we had pizza for lunch one day, ribs for supper one night, and 2 messy children, that look like this after eating toast with jelly:

IMG_0156

After the Carolina *victory* on Saturday, we headed back to the beach for a bike ride on the sand during low tide. Once we got there, the boys quickly lost interest in their bikes and were fascinated by the tide pool left behind during low tide. You can see the progression in the following pictures how putting their feet in the water turned into running around, which turned into jumping in, which was followed with rolling around in the water. At some point Roper took off his shirt. :)

IMG_0132

IMG_0140

IMG_0148

IMG_0144

IMG_0142

IMG_0152

When we were at the beach in August, Graem took Mason to the go cart track and had some tickets leftover, so we rode up to MB to race go carts. I'm still not sure if this was for Graem's entertainment or the boys'??

DSC_0776

DSC_0777

DSC_0779

DSC_0780

This was our first trip to Litchfield as a family and it brought back many wonderful memories of vacationing there when I was growing up. My grandparents had a condo at Litchfield so we went there often...I can remember walking on the beach with my grandmother looking for shells...visiting my grandmother's friend from college at Debordieu...sitting on the beach at night with my grandfather watching a meteor shower...and watching the Atlanta Braves on tv with my grandfather. It is a very special place and none of us wanted to leave. We are very thankful that we will get to go back often! Thank you, Aunt Ruth!


post signature

1 comment:

Tara said...

You are such a good "boy" mom...I would be screaming my head off if Ruth Ann got the water with her tennis shoes and her clothes still on!