Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Game

I know I document all sorts of "firsts" on my blog...last weekend Mason had a "first" that he was very excited about -- his first Carolina football game!

We kind of made a big deal about it & really talked it up to Mason. By the time Saturday rolled around he thought he was going to be playing football for Carolina! Maybe that has something to do with why he was trying to play tackle during his soccer match on Sunday afternoon? :)

The boys have tailgated with us but we have deliberately not taken them into any games yet...mainly because I want them to be old enough to appreciate the experience. I have heard age 7 is the magic age that they really "get" the games...so maybe Mason was still a little young. Nonetheless, he had a great time and made it all the way to the end of the game!

1

2

Now that I'm posting this picture I realize you can only see "Navy" on Mason's fleece...which of course was the opponent for this game. Oops...at least the color is right. (For the record, we were playing the Naval Academy, not to be confused with Old Navy).
3


post signature

No comments: