Thursday, September 8, 2011

Best Seats in the House

We headed up to Charlotte last weekend for the first Carolina football game of the season...we tailgated in high style, this "tailgating spot" even included a swimming pool! I never got my camera out during tailgating, which might have ended up being a good thing since my phone went for a dip drowned in the pool. I was due for a new phone anyway...but if my camera had ended up in the pool that would have been a different story and would have probably resulted in a withdrawal from a certain 2-year-old's college savings account. :)

By the end of tailgating the boys (and I) were whipped so I was glad that we made the decision from the get-go not to try to take them into the game. After tailgating, we met up with my parents and they and Graem headed over to the stadium. The boys and I went back to the hotel to watch the game from our comfy room.

We ordered room service...they thought that was really neat, especially the miniature ketchup & mustard bottles. :)

DSC_0609

DSC_0608

Roper only saw the worst part of the game (the first quarter) before nodding off...Mason made it through halftime. He was so funny talking about the players and listening to the commentators. He heard them mention "Mr. Clowney, the man-child," which I think was equally confusing and hilarious to Mason. We were behind at halftime but had momentum going...and then I think I fell asleep sometime in the third quarter. Thankfully we ended up with quite a decisive victory! I can't wait for our first home game next weekend!

post signature

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your boys are getting so big! I totally agree that a big hotel bed and room service is a great way to watch the game (especially with kids).