Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We're Ready!

I had my 35-week ultrasound on Monday afternoon. I have been feeling great, so it was a bit of a shock when the doctor told me that I'm 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. She said that there is no telling when the baby will come, it could be days or it could be weeks, and that ideally the baby will wait until 37 weeks, which is considered full term. She said she seriously doubts I will make it much past that, especially since M&R were both born at 37 weeks, and third babies come faster. If I go into labor before 37 weeks they won't try to stop it since the baby is fully developed at this point and is just growing. So we are hoping and praying that he will stay put a little longer, but if he doesn't, we are ready for him...

He has a place to ride. The car seat has been disassembled, washed and reassembled.
DSC_0441

He has clothes to wear. The "going home" outfit that both of his big brothers wore home from the hospital has been washed and pressed.
DSC_0444

He has a place to sleep. The crib is ready!
DSC_0443

DSC_0447

DSC_0463

DSC_0460

DSC_0464

DSC_0458

DSC_0459

DSC_0455








post signature

6 comments:

The 1st of May said...

Turned out GREAT! Love the pic over the crib!!! Great choice!

Your chair turned out really cute too...LOVE colorful piping!!!

Can't wait to meet Duncan!

Justin & Raluca said...

See you are ready:)

Brantley said...

Just not mentally ready, haha! :) Just kidding, we are ready for him!!

Alice said...

The room looks great! In all your spare time, you can help me come up with ideas for redoing/rearranging the girls upstairs! And I still need you to help me with letters for Robert! :)

Julie said...

I LOVE the nursery! Super classy!

Heidi said...

LOVE the nursery! You have an eye!