Monday, February 20, 2012

The Great Smoky Mountains

For the third year in a row, my mother has planned a long weekend winter girl's trip (plus children). The children enjoyed the last mountain trip {2 years ago} so much that we decided to go back. The highlight of the trip was the train ride on Saturday.

I love this picture of McKendree and Roper on the train ride 2 years ago...so sweet...looking back at baby Ro with his chubby cheeks makes me so happy that before long I will have another precious baby boy!!

DSC_1315

Here are some of the pictures from our trip this year...

DSC_0321

DSC_0317

DSC_0294

DSC_0298

Mason's favorite movie of all time is the Polar Express, for us it's not just a Christmas movie, we watch it year-round. He loved meeting the conductor that was dressed and mustached like the one from the movie, and he especially enjoyed getting his ticket punched! He kept the ticket in his hand all day.
DSC_0289

DSC_0290

I also love this picture from two years ago...
DSC_1329a

...I tried (unsuccessfully) to re-create it:
DSC_0303

On our way to the mountains we were due for a bathroom/stretch break when we got to Cherokee, so we decided to take in an Indian show in a random parking lot. I'm glad my mom was with us because I kept thinking that she was going to have to do CPR on this poor Indian! But the children were impressed and got to do some dancing of their own...

DSC_0279

DSC_0286

Bebe with her grandsons & niece & nephew...
DSC_0283

It was a great trip! My mom insists that we will have another trip next year, and by that time we will have added three more children to the group since Kelli, Michelle & I are all pregnant!


post signature

No comments: