Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine Fail

Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday...I'm not anti-love, but I don't enjoy going out to eat in crowded restaurants and I don't like stuffed animals or balloons. I love chocolate, but I like to eat it all year. :) And I love flowers, but I don't prefer the standard V-day long stemmed red roses with baby's breath (although I did receive that very type of arrangement this year and enjoyed it).

So we usually keep Valentine's Day low-key but we find a way to celebrate. This year I enjoyed going to both Mason's and Roper's pre-school Valentine's parties. I didn't get a picture of the Valentines I made for their classmates, but this was the inspiration (from pinterest, of course):



I found a 6 lb bag of gummy bears at Sam's for less than $6...I think we'll be eating gummy bears for a while!

On Valentine's Day morning, Mason and Roper came running in our room with a card from the two of them, and Graem had one for me too. They were really sweet and now a week later Mason is still reminding me that I'm his Valentine (love it!).

Graem is really good about sending me flowers at random, unexpected times throughout the year...he knows how much I enjoy them and the florist he uses knows the type of arrangement that I like, with lots of color. So I was surprised when my neighbor delivered a bouquet of red roses + baby's breath. It was so puzzling...first that they were delivered by our neighbor {not a florist}, and second that Graem would have spent money on a bouquet that he knew would not be my taste. Turns out the highschooler that lives next door was selling arrangements of roses as a fundraiser for school, so it was for a good cause and I really enjoyed the roses, especially after I re-arranged them. :)

We didn't make plans to go out for dinner, but we had a nice lunch at the Mediterranean Cafe and we put the boys to bed a little early and had supper in peace & quiet for just the two of us. Graem also surprised me with a gift certificate for a maternity massage, which was amazing, and I surprised him with a new pair of hunting boots.

Here is where the "fail" part comes in...later in the week, Graem was searching for some batteries {the replacing of batteries in our home is never-ending}. We were out, but I had picked some up from Target the weekend before along with some things for the baby's room. Everything was still in the Target bag on the dining room table, I told him to check there. Guess what else he found? His Valentine's Day card, which I had completely forgotten to give him!! Would it be bad if I saved it and gave it to him next year? My grandmother has a habit of not signing cards so that they can be re-used...if Gigi does it then it can't be that bad! :)


post signature

3 comments:

Auralee said...

I say - save for next year! It'll be a funny way to remember this year.

The 1st of May said...

I lost JBs card this year too. I remember buying it, but it's still missing!

I say save it!

Alice said...

For sure - reuse it! It will be a great memory! :)