Thursday, February 23, 2012

Coffee Creamer

I found a coffee creamer recipe on Pinterest...I think it was one of the very first recipes that I "pinned."


I'm limiting myself to one cup of coffee while pregnant, so I want it to be a good cup of coffee that I really enjoy. For a while I was using Heidi's suggestion of stirring a teaspoon of Nutella into my coffee...yum! But now I'm trying to just do that on the weekends...it was getting addictive! :)

Anyway, this recipe appealed to me because I really make an effort to avoid too much processed food, and/or food with ingredients that I can't pronounce, especially when pregnant. The ingredients for this are milk + milk + flavoring. I can't decide if it is actually cheaper than Coffeemate?? It seems like it is but I'm not sure.

DSC_0432

You use 1 can of condensed milk, then re-fill that can with regular milk (whole or skim or whatever), and then add 2 teaspoons of flavoring. I've been using 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 tsp of almond extract. Mix it all together and then shake the you-know-what out of it. Everything fits in a quart-sized jar, although I'm hoping to find something that pours a little better as this method drips and leaves a sticky circle in my fridge.

I think it tastes really good. Maybe not exactly like Coffeemate, but I like it. And its easy!

post signature

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my. It never occurred to me to put nutella in my coffee. I'm definitely trying it tomorrow morning!!!!

Andrew and Elizabeth said...

I like both ideas! Is the eagle brand too sweet though?