The party was from 11-1...we invited family, friends and our small group from church. As everyone started arriving, I was looking around for Roper. I found him in the dining room all by himself enjoying a slice of orange! I don't think he realized the party was all about him, which is fine. :)




The youngest party guest, baby Camden...

My sweet cousin Margaret...






Group shot of all the children:

After everyone finished eating we inflated the slide. Brannon & his son Evan delivered the slide late Friday night...and I'm so glad the boys were already in bed because if they had seen it they would not have wanted to go to sleep! The slide was HUGE. Probaby 10 times bigger than I expected it to be. It almost took up our entire backyard.

I'm pretty sure all the children loved it. And I love that Roper wore his birthday hat even when sliding.




...well, later he handed it off to Uncle Houston. :)



















Yall remember how hard we worked on the swing set a few weeks ago? It got some love too...


We took a break from the slide for cake...here is the cake that I made for Roper.

I got the idea here. We didn't really have a theme, but the invitations had a lion on them so this worked.




For Mason's birthday party last year, I bought cookies to use as party favors. This time I decided to attempt them myself, and I think they turned out really cute and were also really tasty! Kate helped me {thank you!}. I will definitely make these again. I used this cookie recipe (which next time I will try rolling out a little thicker) and this icing recipe.

Would you believe that at 9:00 pm



The first time I went up my little Lily followed me up the ladder! And she slid down. Once was enough for her. :) I can't believe she climbed the ladder. Hilarious!




The birthday boy loved giving kisses to his Grandaddy's new puppy. Daddy came down for the party and then headed down to Charleston to pick up the puppy. He stopped in on his way back to the farm to show off the puppy and of course we were still sliding. :)


All that sliding makes you work up an appetite. :)

The big kids (aka men) started a contest to see who could have the biggest splash at the bottom of the slide...I think it was Justin that ended up spraying water all over my Daddy and his new pup...


I think we finally pulled the plug on the slide shortly after 9. What a fun day! I asked Mason how many times he went down the slide. His reply: 5,345. That's probably pretty accurate! It definitely took my boys several days to recover!
Happy Birthday, Roper!

6 comments:
OMG!! That looks like so much FUN! Now I want to rent a slide. I am going to keep that idea in mind! And that cake you made is awesome...love it! Roper is so stinkin' cute!!!
We had so much fun! It's going to be hard for anyone to top Roper's birthday party! When do we get to rent the slide again...I think it would look good in our front yard...I'm sure Arch would be up for it! I love the last picture of Tripp & the birthday boy...it's so sweet!
Wow, looks like soooo much fun. Hate that we missed it.
Thank you SO MUCH for letting us stay late and enjoy the slide. We had the best time!!! The slide was PERFECT for that age.
Great pics too! I think you got a shot of almost everyone!!!
GIRL you can throw a party! Love the cake!
That looked like so much fun. Roper is getting so big:) In some of the pictures I did a double take thinking it was Mason. I never thought they looked a like but they are starting too a little bit:)
Happy Birthday Roper:)
Post a Comment