Last Saturday I went to a live auction estate sale in Aiken. Graem's Aunt Kathy told me about it...she really wanted this wingback chair covered in a red and white buffalo check fabric. What she didn't realize was that it was actually a pair of chairs. She couldn't be at the sale, so she was texting me about the chair(s) and asked me to bid for her on one...but she didn't want me to go over $150.
I ended up with the winning bid on one chair for $70 and they told me I could double the price for both chairs. So...I ended up getting both chairs for less than she wanted to spend on one!! I have to say it was quite a rush and made me want to give up my job as a real estate appraiser and become an antiques dealer!
I picked up a few things for myself as well...just little things. A few pieces of pottery, a cake stand, and a sweetgrass basket(?). Or a sweetgrass "something." I have no idea what the purpose of this thing is...but it's sweetgrass and I got it for ten bucks, so I love it anyway! Please leave a comment if you know what I'm supposed to use this for!


They had a lamp that I really wanted to bid on but I finally had to drag myself away from the place before they got to it. They only downside was all the JUNK they auctioned, with treasures mixed in. Roper was with me for the first couple of hours I was there before Graem came by to pick him up...he was a perfect angel...I think he was as entranced by the auction as I was!

4 comments:
I have no idea but I want to see pictures of all the other things you got too.
I want to go next time!!! Sounds awesome!
Looks like a little wall pocket to hold treasures...or Sharpies...or keys.
I agree with Pauline. Show us your other treasures...and those chairs!!!
Maybe it holds a candle? Perhaps you could put a small glass cup in the holder and fill it with a votive. I'm not sure how safe that'd be though, so maybe go with the Sharpies idea. :)
It looks cool and it'll bring back the rush of going to the auction!
Post a Comment