Saturday, May 7, 2011

2 Birthdays...Not Enough Pictures!

I have been putting off this post because truth be told, I'm disappointed in my picture-taking skills. If you have been reading my blog long enough, you know that I'm somewhat of a binge photographer. Too often I tote my camera around, lose track of time, and realize I haven't snapped a single picture! My blog has kept me more accountable for documenting events and my DSLR has cultivated a love of photography...yet I still fall short all too often!

Moving on with it...last weekend we celebrated 2 BIG birthdays! One of my closest friends, Sally, turned the big 3-0 and she insisted that she did not want a party. Her husband thought otherwise, and planned hands-down the most well-orchestrated surprise party I have ever been a part of! I can assure you that Sally was absolutely clueless about what her husband had in store for her. The whole thing was pulled off without a hitch. Tara and I took the birthday girl out to a fabulous dinner while all the party guests were congregating at her house. And my only picture of the night was during dinner...

DSC_0066

So what is my excuse for this negligence? Pure laziness. :) Tara was snapping away and I knew she would have an abundance of good pictures. Check them out here.

The next party was for my Daddy. His age equals Sally's age x2. :) My mama and brother and I threw him a big shin-dig down at the pond. The day was absolutely gorgeous and people came from all over the southeast to celebrate with him! I really wanted a picture of me and the old man...but you know the story. :) I was helping mama with the food, chasing after two rambunctious boys, visiting with people that I haven't seen since Daddy's 50th birthday party or longer...and the pictures I have are really random...

Roper eating a pickle...

DSC_0069

Roper and Robert playing...these two have so much fun together...

DSC_0072

Ruthanna...

DSC_0074

And Graem and Will re-stitching the cornhole bags.

DSC_0075

My excuse for this randomness? I blame Sally's party the night before. :) I was up too late and had too much to drink and just didn't get the pictures I should have.

So even though I don't have the proof in pictures, this was such a wonderful weekend celebrating milestone birthdays of two of my favorite people!


post signature

No comments: