Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Checking on the Chickens

Mason often announces to me that he needs to go check on the chickens and then he will leave the room. He'll return and tell me that he needs to check the water lines to make sure the chickens can get water. This will continue with other "checks" -- chicken feed, alarms, etc. -- always taking care of the chickens. It's not your run-of-the-mill "pretend" game for a little kid, but he loves it. I can assure you that my 3-year-old is much more knowledgeable about chickens than I am!

When he spends time at my parents' one of his favorite activities is going to the chicken houses. On Sunday afternoon I tagged along in checking on the chickens...

Checking the water lines...in case you can't tell, he takes this very seriously...
DSC_0770

DSC_0772

The houses are warm and humid, which causes my lens to fog...
DSC_0767

DSC_0769

DSC_0773

DSC_0774


post signature

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love how Roper and Rob are both in the same position in the last picture! Something must have been very interesting on the ground that day.

nanny said...

I believe you're raising 2 farmers....country boys at heart!!
Love,
Aunt Beth

Jessica said...

That brings me back to the days of "egg-packing" with my parents, and shoving tiny chicken eggs in my pockets. I'm sure they LOVE the farm visits.