Monday, February 28, 2011

Mountain Weekend

Our small group from church took a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains this past weekend. Last year, we did an adult's only ski trip, but with two nursing mothers and three expecting mothers we couldn't very well go skiing. So we made this a family trip.

We had 8 children age 4 and under. One 4-yr-old + one 3-yr-old + one 2-yr-old + three 1-yr-olds + two babies = average age of 1.5. I was impressed with how well they played together most of the time. Roper spent a lot of time "flirting" with Alina by taking her baby doll, which totally set her off. He has learned at an early age how to push a girl's buttons! :)

It's really hard but not impossible to get a picture of 8 children with an average age of 1.5...
DSC_0330

From youngest to oldest...
DSC_0418

DSC_0357

190654_1883047838529_1311351358_2201780_3068320_n

DSC_0361

102_1246

102_1218

DSC_0352

DSC_0407

More pictures from the weekend...
190761_1883043318416_1311351358_2201765_4432619_n

DSC_0420

DSC_0417

DSC_0404

DSC_0403

DSC_0402

This is how we play pool...
DSC_0396

DSC_0315

DSC_0319

DSC_0316

DSC_0394

DSC_0391

What is it with boys throwing rocks into water? I think they could have stood by this creek and thrown rocks in the water until there were no rocks left to throw!
DSC_0380

DSC_0374

We are fortunate to have some very talented musicians in our group. Our guitar/mandolin trio: Matt + Robbie + Mason.
DSC_0428

DSC_0427

DSC_0426

DSC_0358

DSC_0363

DSC_0350

DSC_0343

DSC_0341

DSC_0321

The Michauds are former members of our small group and joined us in the mountains from their new home in Nashville. Jessica & I grew up going to the same church, so it was nice for us to reconnect in Lexington. Now they have moved on to Nashville, and we enjoyed catching up with them over the weekend. They have a baby girl due to arrive this summer, so we had a little surprise shower in the mountains. Raluca made these really cute cake pops...

DSC_0309

mason cake pop

We were introduced to a new board game -- The Settlers of Catan. I am now a Catanian. :) I will go on Amazon shortly and order a copy of the game for the Clark home! I seriously could have stayed up all night playing this game. It didn't help that my own beloved husband beat me (and everyone else for that matter) two games in a row! I am itching for another chance at victory!

It was a very fun weekend...now we are back to reality for a few days at least. :)

post signature

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Ok now, Roper better watch out with his flirting. JoJo might have a "problem" with that:) Looks like you all had an awesome time.

Auralee said...

looks like lots and lots of fun!