
Often the highlight of my day is when the boys climb into my lap before bedtime to read books. They quickly calm down when it is time to read. They smell so good having just been bathed and are all comfy in their pajamas. I usually let each pick out 2 books, and somehow Roper knows to pick up 2. Maybe he just gets one in each hand? Or could he know what "two books" means? Mason typically asks if he can pick out 5 instead of 2. My exhaustion from a long day coupled with my love for reading books to them usually results in my being a total pushover. They love for me to read to them as much as I love it, which won't always be the case.
The top 10:
Go, Dog. Go! -- Will and Andrea gave us the long version and the McCartys gave us the short version before Mason was born. Both versions are loved equally by the boys, and many nights we read both.
How I Spent My Summer Vacation -- I might love this one just as much as the boys do. They call it the "Westbound Train" book. Jay and Betsy gave it to Mason for his second birthday.
You're A Grand Old Flag -- My cousin Alice and her family gave this to Roper when he was born, since he is a July baby. Sometimes we have to hide this book! The words in this book are the lyrics of the song. If you know me well, you probably know that I wasn't blessed with a voice for singing in front of people. And my children are people. Oddly enough, they aren't offended by my singing voice.
How Do I Love You? -- My parents gave this one to Mason for his first birthday. This would make a wonderful Valentine's Day gift!
The Cow Loves Cookies -- One of the newer books in our rotation, from Aunt Beth and Uncle Charlie at Christmas. The farmer feeds the chickens feed, need I say more?
My Little Word Book -- Roper absolutely hearts this book, which is why the back cover and spine have come off. Graem's parents gave Mason this book for Valentine's Day 2008; it has been very "loved."
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie -- What a cute book! A friend from my tennis team, Jean, gave this to me when I was expecting Mason.
Llama Llama Red Pajama (aka "the old llama llama book") and Llama Llama Misses Mama (aka "the new llama llama book"). I think Aunt Beth and Uncle Charlie gave Mason "Red Pajama" for his second birthday and Alice and her crew gave Roper "Misses Mama" for Christmas. These are really cute, especially "Red Pajama," and our copy is signed by the author, which is so neat!
Barnyard Dance -- I think I read this book to Mason the week he came home from the hospital and it seems to have been a favorite ever since! Although it is MIA at the moment...hmmm...That wraps it up...and why am I blogging on a Saturday night you might wonder? Because I have strep throat. The boys are at the farm and hubs went to the basketball game. I'm home *resting* and thanking our good Lord for amoxicillan!

2 comments:
All great books...and that some of mine made the hit list...I am honored! The hit list around here would include some of the same...funny how the barn books are always favorites!
Hooray for the book-loving boys!!!
Love,
Aunt Beth
Post a Comment