Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Recipe. Yes, a recipe!!

I love to cook. Many of my friends use their blogs to share favorite recipes. So...why not??

This recipe is one of my favorites because it comes from Gigi, one of my favorite people, and because it is one of those dishes that I associate with childhood Christmases at Gigi's house, some of my best memories.

DSC_0951

I think of it as a "festive" dish because we always had it at Christmas. This year I brought it to Christmas Eve dinner at Aunt Beth's house. It is a great accompaniment to ham or pork tenderloin. Gi notes in the recipe that dark cherries are optional. This is incorrect, you must include the dark cherries, because they are so delicious!

DSC_0957

Publix didn't have apple rings, so I used apple slices.

Drain fruit & put all fruit in casserole.
DSC_0959

You need a double boiler for this...yes, it is one of those recipes that you stir and stir until you think your arm might fall off.

In double boiler, heat one stick of butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 T flour and 1 cup of sherry wine.
DSC_0952

You start with this:
DSC_0953

And after A LOT of stirs, it becomes this:
DSC_0955

Pour the sauce over the fruit.
DSC_0961

Let stand in fridge overnight. Heat at 350 until bubbly (about 30 minutes).

Enjoy!



post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!