Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Roommate

My college roommate, Jessica, is getting married in April. I had the pleasure of helping hostess a shower for her this past weekend. It was so nice to get to catch up with college friends that I don't get to see very often.

DSC_1188

She got lots of nice gifts.

DSC_1186

I think she liked what I got her. She picked it out, after all. :) I love china and I especially love casual china that is white-on-white. Jessica picked out a really pretty pattern.

DSC_1182

DSC_1181

Of course, this is how I will always remember these girls:

girls

I can still remember the day that I met Jessica. Two girls from small towns on opposite ends of the state...somehow we ended up seated next to each other in the Koger Center during freshman orientation the summer before starting college. Later that day we learned -- much to our surprise -- that we had been matched as potluck roommates! We spent the next four years living together...Becky lived with us for 3 of those years and Andrea was with us for 2 of them. Holly was our neighbor in the dorm and at our apartment. Good times!!!

post signature

No comments: