Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ruth Ann!

Little Miss Ruth Ann turned the big 0-1 last week and we celebrated with her over the weekend at a party that was all decked out in pink!

I can hardly believe that this little girl is already one. It seems like just yesterday that I was baking a cake for her baby shower...and just 13 short months later I found myself baking cakes for her first birthday party! The cakes turned out really cute, and most importantly, they got a thumbs up from Ruth Ann. She did a great job of digging right into her big cupcake.

For the supersized cupcakes, we used a Wilton cake pan that Tara found at Hobby Lobby. The pink polka dots are Sweet Tarts that Tara rolled out flat and then cut into circles.

DSC_0711

DSC_0710

Ruth Ann's "bubba," who also had a milestone birthday recently. Happy belated 15th birthday, Spencer...and beware to all the motorists of South Carolina! The roads are a little more dangerous these days.

DSC_0713

Check out Roper's mohawk...

DSC_0718

Ruth Ann got lots of really cute gifts. She seems to be enjoying the overseeing of her presents being opened.

DSC_0720

Here are two of my favorite people.

DSC_0723

Wild Man enjoyed sporting Ruth Ann's Mickey Mouse ears and he really enjoyed taking a ride (or 12) on her rocking horse that whinnies when he rocks...

DSC_0724

I wish that I could make time move more slowly...I don't even want to think about my baby boy turning one next summer!


post signature

1 comment:

Auralee said...

Great job again on the cakes! If I'm fortunate enough to have a baby girl one day, hopefully she'll get cute cakes like that! So, Mason totally LOVES a horse. I have a picture of him on the horse at Judson's party...and also the same one from Ruth Ann's party.