Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gobble til you Wobble

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Aunt Ruth's house with the Roper family this year. It was just as delicious as always and everyone enjoyed spending time with Gigi and with our family's two newest members: baby Roper and baby Robert. My Daddy has come up with his own personal nicknames for these two: "R. Hank" for Roper Henry and "R. Hudge" for Robert Hudgens!

There are many things I'm thankful for...everything, really. It would be truly impossible to count all my blessings or articulate the many things I'm thankful for. So, instead of coming up with a list, I'll just get on with it and give you people what you really want...pictures from our Thanksgiving feast.

DSC_0674b

DSC_0665b

DSC_0708b

What a funny face!
DSC_0694b

Mason shared his flower with Gigi...
DSC_0699

Then shared a kiss with her...
DSC_0700

In return, she shared some peppermint bark with him!
DSC_0704
(Let me interject -- Sydney and I agreed that we both love Gigi's sweater. How many people covet their grandmother's clothes? But...it wouldn't fit me. Sigh.)

DSC_0690

DSC_0686

DSC_0678

DSC_0677

I didn't get many pictures during dinner, because I was eating {of course}! Robert and Mason sat next to each other during dinner (neither Graem nor I were at the table with him). This was Mason's first experience eating from fine china! When I got married, Aunt Ruth told me that I should make it a point to use my china and silver about once a month. I love to get out the "good dishes," but with small children it doesn't happen nearly as often as once a month -- and Mason has certainly never had the opportunity to eat from them! He has now proved that he is up to the task. Such a big boy all of a sudden!
DSC_0676

DSC_0667

DSC_0663



post signature

3 comments:

Tara said...

Your pictures all look great...but I love the pic of Mason giving your Mimi a kiss...that's a picture to treasure!

Auralee said...

great pictures Brantley!

Justin & Raluca said...

What great pictures! And you are right, that is what people want:)