Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Things that make me go GRRRR...

I have to apologize in advance...I know that most of you read this blog for updates on our family and pictures of Mason and Roper. This post will include neither.

A Krispy Kreme recently opened in Lexington. It has taken an amazing amount of willpower not to go get a "Hot & Fresh" doughnut every time I go to the Verizon store next door, which has been often over the past few days. I'm sure at some point I will give in to the temptation & indulge myself, but for now, please indulge me for a little rant. Here goes...

Why do businesses feel it necessary to change the spelling of words for their names? Isn't it enough to use an oxymoron like "Krispy Kreme?" What does that even mean? Why all the "Ks"? Couldn't it have been "Crispy Cream," or is that just not cute & clever enough?

Grammatical errors annoy and distract me, but intentional grammatical errors are downright inexcusable. That being said, I'm sure my blog posts, e-mails and other written correspondence include all sorts of errors. I assure you that these errors are simply oversights and are never intentional. Except when I use "yall." Hopefully yall don't mind that one. :)

At the top of my list are daycare centers that choose a name such as "Kiddie Kollege." Why oh why would they choose this name??? And why would any parent with anything beyond an elementary school education choose to support such an establishment? The name "Kiddie Kollege" is ridiculous on many levels. First of all, a "kid" is a baby goat. Secondly, I really don't think "kiddie" is a legitimate word. And "kollege?" Seriously. How are they going to explain that to the children during spelling time!?! "Children's College" is a much more appropriate name, and just as cute with the double Cs.

post signature

1 comment:

Pauline said...

AMEN!!!
I am so glad you came to the park today. I really hope we will be able to keep it up now the weather is so nice:)
See you soon.
Pauline