Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gigi!



Many of you know Gigi personally...those of you who don't have heard me talk about her often. She has always been a huge influence in my life and I love her more than I can describe! She is such a special person and definitely one-of-a-kind. Gigi is a true southern lady. I can only hope to have inherited a little of her grace, beauty, class, tastefulness and elegance (I could go on & on)! All of Gigi's descendants got together to celebrate her 85th birthday last weekend. It was quite an evening to remember. The entire family, from 8-week-old Roper to 85-year-old Gigi and everyone in between was in attendance!

All of Gigi's grandchildren (Alice, David, me, Rob, Sydney & Kate) and great-grandchildren (Caroline, Robert, Ruthanna, Mason & Roper) helped blow out her candles...


Rob & Kelli will be having adding to the number of great-grandchildren any day now! I keep telling Roper he won't be the baby of the family for much longer! I am SO looking forward to my new role of AUNT!


The eldest Roper and the youngest Roper...


Ruthanna and Roper -- how sweet! I've been told that Ruthanna likes to pretend that she is baby Roper. She is a sweet mess!


Aunt Beth and Roper


Gigi with her great-grandchildren


post signature

No comments: