My mantra when Roper was born was to make sure that M&R napped at the same time every day. That really doesn't happen when you throw a third into the mix. It has happened a handful of times, but it's not an everyday occurrence, maybe once a week.
Duncan is definitely my neediest baby, he loves to be held and I guess you would say that he is colicky. The nurse at our ped's office has suggested that I cut dairy out of my diet...but it takes 3 weeks for the dairy protein to get out of your system. What if that ends up not being the problem? I have a long list of things to discuss with our ped at D's 2-month check-up on Thursday. But let's face it, when I have a 2-year-old and 4-year-old to keep up with and the baby cries, he gets held.
So...we are having fun but I feel overwhelmed. Yet I still feel the need to blog. I want to document all the things that are going on with us so that our friends and loved ones that follow my blog can share in them. Also it makes me so happy to read back through my old posts and I just don't want to miss some of this stuff!
Duncan is only 8 weeks old...we are coming off a week of Graem being out of town...I don't believe that "overwhelmed" is our "new normal" but it is for the time being. This too shall pass and we'll get into a routine at some point.
Here's a quick rundown of what's been going on with us:
-Duncan is on the verge of sleeping through the night. I think it will happen in the next week. He still gets up between 3:00 and 4:00 but he falls back asleep before he has had a full feeding.
-Roper is potty trained.
-Mason lost his first tooth.
-Graem and I spent a long weekend in Vancouver and then Graem went on an 8-day Alaskan cruise.
I promise to be back with pictures at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later!

4 comments:
Mason lost his first tooth?!! How exciting!!!
Brantley, so good to see your family is doing well, growing by leaps and bounds! Hang in there, you and Graem are such wonderful parents - hope the tooth fairy is good to Mason! Love Aunt Ruth
You're in the trenches...and life in the trenches isn't for the weak! You make it seem like all is well, so I think you're doing a great job. Lack of sleep right now will lead to memory loss and you'll forget about how overwhelming these days are!
Hey, it's holly mathias...just saw this and wanted to tell you both of my boys had the milk intolerance as babies..They can do a simple test called a hemocult to see if that is the problem or not. They just check a poopy diaper for blood, if it is there you would need to try an elimination diet for atleast two weeks. If it is negative, then no problems. I had to take out milk from my diet, then soy, then they still had bleeding so we eventually
ended up on neocate formula for both boys...the formula is so expensive...buy worth it because both my boys were extreme cases. Sure hope that isn't what he has but wanted to give you my experience with it! Hope everything settles down soon! I will be in your boatethos summer, baby boy #3 should be here around august 7!
Post a Comment