So I mentioned last week that they broke one of the pieces of granite when installing it Monday. They finally - finally (!) got it right yesterday (Saturday). It just happened to be the granite on the counter where our sink is, meaning we have been without a sink and dishwasher all week. We have been doing our best by washing dishes in the bathroom sink!
The good news is that the plumber is coming tomorrow to install the faucet, and he can turn the water on to our dishwasher. Also the electrician will be here to put in the disposal. Lastly, our backsplash will go in tomorrow.
The painters will be back at some point this week to do some touch-up painting. Our cabinet hardware will come in on Tuesday so the knobs/pulls will be up this week (after searching high & low I found the exact knobs I have been looking for at Lowe's for $3.12 each, compared to $13.17 each at myknobs.com). I need to find fabric for a cushion for the benchseat. I have been kind of halfway looking for a pedastal table for our breakfast area and at some point would like to replace the light fixture...but our kitchen will be livable again before I cross all of those things off my list!
So here are some shots of our new counters...I am immensely pleased with how they turned out!!



I have gotten some compliments on the light fixture above our sink. I picked this up 2 or 3 years ago at the Pottery Barn outlet in Gaffney. It has been hanging out in my attic for a while! It was a steal -- I got it during one of their 1/2 price lighting sales. It had some scuffs on the metal, but nothing a gray sharpie couldn't take care of!
This is what happens when you go without a sink and dishwasher for a week...

I feel like I have mostly been posting about our kitchen lately, so here are some pictures of the boys from our trip to the Saluda Shoals Splash Park last week...my camera battery ran out of juice after snapping just a couple of shots!





4 comments:
Kitchen looks fantastic! The colrs and painted cabinets make it look so much bigger. Enjoy!
Aunt Beth
it is looking great, brantley! i have been admiring that light fixture too. :)
Looking beautiful, Brantley! Who did your countertops?
Love your colors, cabinets, everything!
Post a Comment