Monday, August 22, 2011

The Beach

Pardon my absence here on the ol' blog...it has been over 2 weeks since I've posted anything!

We've just returned from a week at the beach...now I feel like summer is officially over. The week before we left for the beach our upstairs A/C unit kicked the bucket. This has been a long time coming. It was 23 years old, and they typically only last about 15 years. The good news is that we only had to endure the heat upstairs, and it was only for 2 days. It conveniently decided to quit working just before our beach trip, which meant that the new one could be installed while we were gone.

The kitchen is still coming along...we are finishing up some details and hopefully I can pull together a "completed" post for the blog in the next few weeks!

Enough rambling...the reason I'm here is to share pictures of our beach trip! We were with my parents, and Rob, Kelli & Robert joined us mid-week.

Most of my beach pictures don't include Mason...as long as we were at the beach he was in the water, either riding his boogie board or jumping waves or deep shallow sea diving. Roper, our more cautious child, spent most of his time playing in the sand or just in the edge of the water, making him an easier target for photographs.

DSC_0434

DSC_0560

DSC_0556

DSC_0553

DSC_0548

DSC_0546

DSC_0542

DSC_0544

DSC_0467

DSC_0465

I'm pretty sure Mason & my mom rode this wave together...
DSC_0464

DSC_0460

DSC_0452

You can see Mason & my daddy in the background...
DSC_0446

DSC_0431

Mason took a break from boogie boarding to get buried in the sand...
DSC_0566

We rented a pontoon boat in Murrells Inlet one morning...it was so peaceful in the inlet!

DSC_0479

IMG00213-20110815-1213

DSC_0515

DSC_0501

DSC_0483

One night we rode up to Calabash for dinner...mmmmm!
DSC_0471

DSC_0474

Another night out for dinner...
IMG00215-20110817-1810

IMG00216-20110817-1917

Followed up with a visit to Bass Pro Shops...I think Mason got on every 4-wheeler and climbed in every boat that was on display. He was particularly fond of a green metal john boat with a trolling motor. He told me, "This is so much better than our boat!"

IMG00224-20110817-1951

Who needs the aquarium when you can get into Bass Pro Shops for free?
IMG00223-20110817-1941

What a great, relaxing week! Our beach trips were bookends to the summer this year...we went with Graem's family the week before school got out and we went with my family the week that school started back up!

post signature

4 comments:

Julie said...

so, so fun! mason and judah would have a blast playing at the beach together. :)

The 1st of May said...

I am missin' the beach too!!! Not to copy Julie, but I thought the same thing...Jay and Mason would have a BLAST boogie boarding together...He hardly leaves the water either!

Jay and I were looking at this post together and he really liked Mason and Roper's dolphin boogie board...he said they were "SO COOL!".

He was also VERY excited about the four wheeler pic.

nanny said...

What great family time!
Love,
Aunt Beth

Unknown said...

I think our families were at the beach at the same time--different beaches though. And, our AC went out while we were gone too! Loved the pictures!