Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cock-a-doodle-TWO

ncaa_u_sc-dogpile01_576

I'm so proud of the South Carolina baseball team! Isn't it crazy that until last year USC had never won a national title in a major sport and now we're the CWS champions two years in a row?!?

Of course I am biased, :) but I really don't think it could have happened to a better team...from Ray Tanner all the way down they are a class act! They credit each other with the plays/points/wins instead of trying to steal the limelight. What a lesson in sportsmanship and humility! And they really seem to have fun along the way. With all the negativity surrounding many college and professional teams lately I couldn't be happier to support such a good group of guys. I loved Michael Roth's post-game interview:

"We're not the most talented team, and we don't have the best players position for position," Roth said, "but we go out and stick together as a team. We battle. I can't describe it. We're a bunch of average Joes and love each other and come out and battle."

Thanks to my friend Kerri for the catchy title (she put it on her Facebook page)...and my cousin Andrew put this YouTube link on his FB page...check it out!



post signature

3 comments:

The 1st of May said...

Catchy!!!

Heidi said...

~LOVE~

KJS said...

YAY! Love it! They are such a powerhouse :) So happy for USC and our awesome team!!!