They start young, which I love, because Mason is proof positive that young children are capable of memory work. At his age, it is really more of a commitment on behalf of the parents to work with their children. When I signed him up back in the fall, I knew he could do it, but I never expected him to have mastered all of it in time for the mid-point review.
He was very comfortable reciting everything for us, but I had my doubts as to whether he would perform for someone he didn't know. When the reviewer asked his name, he quickly responded, "Fireman Sam;" and when she asked his age he replied "five" (he is three). He was so confident and answered all of the catechism questions and rattled off his verses without so much as flinching! I have to say that my heart swelled with pride for my little man! So we need to work on telling the truth but at least he knows his verses! :)
Here are the questions/verses that he memorized:
Q. Who made you?
A. God.
Q. What else did God make?
A. God made all things.
Q. Why did God make you and all things?
A. For his own glory.
Genesis 1:1
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."
Psalm 47:6a
"Sing praises to God."
Psalm 147:5a
"Great is our Lord and mighty in power."
Mark 4:41b
"Even the wind and the waves obey him!"

4 comments:
That is awesome:)
I LOVE his entusiasm when he says "mighty in power!"...I would have given him extra points had I been grading him. I think David was feeling the same way when he wrote it down!
Oh what a blessing this is! I love to see our children memorizing scripture and Biblical truths. It is encouraging to know that parents like you and Graem are doing the most important thing that He has called you to do as parents...Teach your children the wonderful message of His love and grace. Thanks for sharing this precious video with us!
Oh what a blessing this is! I love to see our children memorizing scriptures and Biblical truths. It is encouraging to know that parents like you and Graem are doing the most important thing that God called you to do...teach your children the wonderful message of His love and grace! Thank you for sharing this precious video with us!
Post a Comment