We put one of John Rosemond's suggestions into action last Saturday and took the boys down to the children's museum. They loved it, particularly the first exhibit (the fire station).
Someone commented on how well Mason came down the fire pole. He insisted that he do it alone, with no help from me or Graem. See, Mason believes he is a fireman. In fact, he
prefers insists that we call him "Fireman Sam." I can't tell you how many times I've heard him say, "I'm not Mason, I'm Sam." And, "He's not Roper, he's Elvis." Yes, Elvis. Who would have thought I'd have a child with the nickname
Elvis?!? This comes from a cartoon about Fireman Sam and his sidekick Elvis. It gets better. The token girl in the show is Penny, which is what he calls me, and the station officer is Officer Steele, you guessed it, Graem. Wow. It seems crazy, and I keep telling myself it is a phase and not to make a big deal about it because it will pass. The sooner the better!
Now that I've looked back through my pictures, I realize that I have a picture of Mason driving a fire truck, a snowmobile, a tractor and a boat. And only one picture of Roper! Sorry, Elvis.
Ice fishing...
4 comments:
My sister's kids do the same naming thing except the girl is Dora, the boy is Diego, and my sister (their mom) is Boots. At least you are not the monkey!
I love it, I think his Elvis hair days maybe behind him though!
I love it, but I think his Elvis hair days maybe behind him:)
and for awhile Judah was Bob, I was Wendy, Amie was Scratch and Daddy was Roley.
Post a Comment