Friday, April 23, 2010

I Heart Weekends

I feel like all of my posts lately have centered on our weekend activities. I love weekends!

This past weekend was especially wonderful because our very good friends, the "Skis," came to visit. We haven't seen them since New Years! Ski is an accountant, so he doesn't get much free time between January and mid-April. We had a wonderful visit, with lots of laughs, good food & good company.

We started out the weekend with a visit to Riverbanks on Friday.

DSC_1755

DSC_1756

Ashley gets attacked by a lorikeet...

DSCN2862

DSC_1759

DSC_1760

I think all children are fascinated by this machine!

DSCN2866

We hung out at our house all day on Saturday...the children had a great time playing together outside and Graem and Ski grilled & smoked a bunch of meat. I regret that I didn't get a picture. Chicken, ribs, turkey tenderloins, sausage...hopefully our arteries have started to recover.

Miss Leah is such a sweet girl...she was constantly giving Roper hugs and kisses.

DSC_1771

DSC_1767

DSCN2897

DSCN2891

Even Cassius got in on some of the action.

DSCN2886

Taking a break from playing for some ice water.

DSCN2874

Mason is so sneaky.

DSCN2875

Group shot of the children.

DSC_0030

DSC_1785

The Skis stopped by campus on their way home...Ashley sent me this picture and I had to share it, since she refuses to start her own blog. :) What a sweet picture!

DSCN2922

One morning this week Roper discovered the dog's water bowl. Why are children so fascinated by the dogs' food & water?? It will never cease to amaze me frustrate me that I have to battle with Mason to get him to eat veggies...yet he willingly eats dog food if I let him. Nonetheless, Roper quite enjoyed splashing the water all over the place. This probably makes some of you mothers cringe...but I let him go for it...after all, its just water.

DSC_0047

DSC_0050


post signature

1 comment:

Auralee said...

I just want to hold that sweet Roper!!!!