Graem & I attended the party sans children. Mason had a pretty bad case of RSV last week...by Friday he was feeling much better. By Sunday Roper was coughing and running a fever off and on...I guess it is virtually impossible to keep a 2-year-old from spreading germs to his baby bro. Two weeks of sick babies...that explains why I'm just getting around to posting these pictures!
Graem's parents had been planning to keep the boys Friday night and bring them back in time for the party. Since Mason seemed to be feeling better on Friday, off they went to N.A. But we didn't want to expose any of the other children to those awful germs, so they ended up staying with Nana and Grandaddy for the weekend. It felt kind of funny to be at a 2-year-old birthday party without my boys, but we enjoyed it. I felt like I could actually carry on a conversation with other adults without being distracted by having to keep one eye on each child.
Here is the birthday girl with her dollhouse, ready to be furnished.
The dollhouse was Sally's -- her mother made it out of an old cabinet. Sally renovated it for Betsy. Sally inherited her creativity from her mother!
She asked me to make Bet's cake and of course I was happy to oblige. I really hope that someone else will ask me to make a dollhouse cake, because I have some ideas for next time that would make this cake even better!

I think Betsy approved of my handiwork...I caught her sampling the icing.


Jude and Christopher took turns four-wheeling...


Sally, me, Auralee and Tara. Love these girls!


1 comment:
You may have found someone to take you up on the dollhouse cake. It looks amazing! You'll have to wait until next January though, unless I decide I want to do the dollhouse thing for my thirtyieth:)
Post a Comment