Our floors are done...the unexpected work that was a byproduct of getting new hardwood floors is almost done...our new furniture is here...and we are glad to be getting back into somewhat of a routine.
Baby Roper hit a milestone over the weekend -- his six-month birthday! The big 0.5. It's so hard to believe! His check up is Friday, so I'll be sure to post his stats. He also had a double ear infection AND croup last week. I didn't even know he was sick until he started running a fever! I honestly think the amoxicillin bothered him more than the ear infection did.
Believe it or not, Mason has never had an ear infection...but he & Roper have been such different babies. Mason rarely spit up. Roper spits up every time he eats. Hopefully now that he's reached the magical 6-month mark, the spitting-up will not be as frequent. Our pediatrician says he has reflux, but since it hasn't kept him from packing on the pounds, we don't medicate him for it. Friends have told me that babies with reflux suffer from more frequent ear infections. That seems logical to me since the ear/nose/throat are so connected.
He's getting pretty good at doing this:

It was beautiful this morning...I told Mason to go get his shoes on so that we could go play outside and this is how I found him standing by the door, ready to play...

Roper's personality has really started to blossom and he has become much more interactive with us and with Mason. As you can see below, Roper wants Mason's cup and Mason wants Roper's toy...


And Mason wants Roper's ear {poor kid}...



2 comments:
Glad to hear your house is almost back to normal:) We missed you in SS yesterday but hope to see you all soon. Are you all going to be able to go to the ss party on Saturday at the Wrights? Hope to see you all there.
My goodness, those two boys have grown up so much! Roper is just too cute!!!! I can't wait to see you all on Friday night.
Post a Comment