Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Feeding the Family

On Saturday, I took a trip to Myrtle Beach with some friends from church for a meeting in the morning and shopping -- my favorite kind of shopping, i.e. outlet shopping -- in the afternoon. The meeting was EARLY, it started at 9:30. Which means we left Lexington at 6:15. Which means I was up at 5:00 AM!! After having supper club at the Browns the night before, it was HARD to get up that early. I can't remember the last time I was up that early by choice!

I digress -- Graem had the boys for the day. He dropped Roper off in North Augusta to spend the day with Nana and the three Masons (Ward Mason aka Grandaddy, Graem Mason Sr and Graem Mason Jr) took off to the land in Edgefield for a day of fishing. My hubby loves to fish and hunt -- he refers to his hobbies as "feeding the family." I'm thankful that his hobbies are so productive and that he can keep our freezer full of venison and fish. Mason helped Grandaddy reel in a big bream and learned to cast & reel his rod -- and he loved every minute of it!

fishing



Other ramblings...
Valentine's Day is coming up, and I've been wondering if I need to send cards and candy to all the children in Mason's pre-school class. My discussion with Graem about what to do...

Me: Do I need to send Valentines to all the children in Mason's class?
G: Only the girls. And maybe the teachers.
Me: I think if I send them for the girls I also have to send them for the boys.
G: Mason doesn't want to give Valentines to boys.
Me: He is 2 years old. I don't think he cares about giving Valentines to any of the children.

I consulted with some other mothers on the proper pre-school etiquette and they informed me that I need to send them to all the children that are in class with Mason.

I'll wrap this up with a big GO GAMECOCKS!!! Graem was at the game -- he said it was very loud & a lot of fun. The boys and I took dinner up to my parents. My Daddy had his surgery on Monday and is recovering very well. He is refusing to take any pain medicine (wonder where I get my stubborn streak)? Thanks to everyone for all the prayers!


post signature

No comments: