In the summer of 2001, between my junior & senior years at Carolina, I did a summer study abroad program. It was a great experience. The program was through Michigan State (yes, I was actually enrolled as a student there for one summer semester, even though I never set foot on the campus during that time). I didn't know a single other person that was taking the course, but I made some great friends, some of whom I continue to keep in touch with.
The first 2 weeks of the course were in London, which happened to coincide with the Wimbledon tournament. One of the lines on the tube goes all the way out to Wimbledon, so a group of us decided to hop on the train and check out the grass courts for ourselves! Unfortunately we didn't run into any famous tennis players, but we watched some practice matches and of course we had to sample the strawberries & cream!




No comments:
Post a Comment