Last weekend we headed up to Kentucky for the Carolina game and also took in a bourbon distillery and a horse race during our trip. We rode up with my parents. My sweet cousin also came along to help out with the boys during the game. Once again, like our Auburn trip, I didn't take nearly enough pictures. Somehow I ended up with no pictures of my mother or myself (at least none worth sharing), and no pictures of our Kentucky friends that we visited!
I'm not a bourbon drinker--it's way too strong for me--but Woodford Reserve is supposedly one of the best.
I recently purchased a new double stroller specifically with this trip in mind and I was annoyed that we couldn't bring the stroller on the tour of the distillery. A 3-year-old and a 1-year-old are much more manageable when strapped in a stroller. I spent most of the tour trying to make sure the boys were not getting into mischief, so I don't have any good details to share on the bourbon-making process. Sorry.
A ride on a concrete horse is an excellent distraction for little boys touring a bourbon distillery.





Keeneland was a lot of fun and the area surrounding the race track was really pretty: rolling green pastures with miles of white fencing and beautiful horses.



Big Brother was quite the fan of this little horse in the gift shop. But with a price tag of $555 it was way out of his budget (not that he even has a budget). He could almost buy the real thing for that much money!


Did you notice how he isn't wearing his

Little brother thought the jockey was cool.



The game...remember my post about the Auburn game? It was deja vu. We outplayed them the first half, they outplayed us the second half. Same story, different week. It was a huge disappointment to say the least, particularly after beating the #1 team in the country the week before. Hopefully our team will fare better this weekend against Vandy...and we'll stay home since we seem to bring bad luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment