Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meet the Newest Clark

Roper Henry Clark has arrived! He was born on Thursday morning at 3:12 a.m. He is a very healthy and happy baby boy! We are all completely smitten with him. Mason has had a few moments of jealousy (not unexpected) but overall he has adjusted to his new role as big brother very well and loves giving Roper kisses.

Some of you may know that I predicted that Roper would be born on the 16th. My prediction proved true, although only by a couple of hours, since my water actually broke on the evening of the 15th after a nice spicy supper at San Jose. Little did we know that it would be our last outing as a family of 3! I knew I was in for a LONG night when my water broke at around 8:30.

Some interesting coincidences: both of our boys were born on the 16th of the month (Mason's birthday is 9/16 -- they are exactly 22 months apart). What's more, they were born within one hour of each other (Mason at 2:18 am and Roper at 3:12 am). Even crazier...my water broke with both of them on the 15th of the month, also within an hour of each other (Mason at 7:30 and Roper at 8:30). Apparently these two are already in cahoots! What more would we expect of the Clark brothers?

Thanks to everyone for the visits, messages & phone calls. We've had several busy days of adjusting to life with a new baby. Our house is now quiet...just the four of us are here...both boys are sleeping and Graem and I are enjoying some nice downtime. :)
Let me know who you think he looks like. I'm very pleased to say that the general concensus is that he favors me. :) After almost 2 years of hearing everyone say that Mason favors Graem (I must agree -- they even have similar mannerisms), it is really nice to hear that Roper looks like me!

Enjoy the pictures. He is such a sweetheart. We are so blessed!


The long-awaited moment when I finally got to hold baby Roper in my arms!


Roper meets his grandmothers for the first time. The joy on their faces is so clear! Saying hello to the Clark grandparents...

Meeting Grandaddy Roper...

One of my favorite pictures when Mason was born was a picture of the 3 of us piled into the hospital bed...I tried to re-create it with the 4 of us, but Mason was not as cooperative this time around!

All loaded up for the trek home...I think this is when Mason realized that the baby was actually coming home with us!


Getting some shut-eye with Daddy...



post signature

6 comments:

nanny said...

He's absolutely precious! AND he looks just like I remember you looking, Brantley! You were a beautiful dark-haired baby, too! I can't wait to hold him....I'm coming down soon!!!!
Love,
Aunt Beth

Mandy said...

He is adorable...those are GREAT pictures..i love, love the one where Mason is looking at him like "um...what's he doing in that seat?" I think the age is going to be great too. My niece and nephew are 22 months apart also and my sister loves it! They are best friends now so it's wonderful. You have a beautiful family and so excited for you all!!

Tara said...

Brantley, I still think Baby Roper looks like you. I love the picture with Roper and his grandmothers...it's the sweetest picture. I know he'll value it one day. Also, I can't believe how tiny he looks in his car seat! It's amazing how quickly they fill that thing out!

Carter said...

Brantley, he is beautiful!! And, yup,I am thinking he has YOUR looks!!! My darling child has passed on her cold, so we are both quite sick. Hopefully by the end of the week my sniffles will have disappeared and I can come meet the newest Clark! We are thinking of yall!

Andrea said...

WOW!!! I did not even realize 9 months had gone by sooooo fast!!! He's adorable! Can't wait to meet him in person! Luv u!!
Andrea

Alice said...

The Dorn cousins can't wait to meet him in person! So sweet and beautiful...enjoy your special time with just the four of you!
Love,
Alice