Friday, July 24, 2009

Feed, Diaper, Love, Repeat

This is what our lives have been like the past week -- feeding & diapering with plenty of time for loving on our new baby! How quickly I forgot how often a newborn eats, and with each feeding comes a diaper change. I think we are going through about 10 diapers a day for Roper -- and 4 or 5 for Mason! Our carbon footprint is not looking too great. At least Roper's diapers are TINY!

Things are so different with the second baby. Not necessarily easier...having an almost-2-year-old in the mix certainly presents challenges of its own, but for the most part I find that we have been able to enjoy the first days with Roper in a way that we didn't with Mason. We are much more confident about what to expect, what is normal, etc, etc...and though the sleepless nights can be difficult, we know that these weeks with little to no sleep will pass so quickly. With Mason, we always looked forward to the next milestone, but I find that with Roper I want him to stay just like he is!

We have had so much fun at home this week. I'm dreading when Graem has to go back to work on Monday (although I'm thankful that my mother will be spending next week with us!) Here are some pictures from Roper's first week at home...
Baby Roper loves sleeping in his carrier...so, by all means, that is where he sleeps sometimes! Whatever keeps baby happy keeps us happy!
Tara took this picture in the hospital and I just love it!
Me and my sweet boys...

During the day, Roper usually naps in the pack-n-play in our living room. Mason's favorite new spot is in the chair beside him, where he can keep an eye on baby brother.

Bathtime!

post signature

4 comments:

Pauline said...

I can't believe how much hair this boy has:)Very cute. I love how big brother sits next to him in the chair while Roper is sleeping Very Cute:)

Alice said...

Love all his hair! Wow- that part is for sure like you! I remember those baby pictures! We love you!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness...he looks so tiny in bathroom sink! He looks like he fits in there perfect!

Andrea said...

So stinking CUTE!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet him in person!