Ever since we bought our house, I have thought that one of the upstairs bedrooms would be a perfect room for siblings to share. It is a big room with 2 big closets. As soon as we found out we were having another boy, I knew that I wanted them to share that room. Some people think I'm crazy...after all, we have the space for both boys to have their own rooms. But...I think it will be fun for them. I grew up always wishing for a sister to share my room, toys & clothes with.
Here are some pictures from their room for those of you that haven't had a chance to see it in person. I decided on a cowboy/wild west theme. My mother helped me by making the bedskirts and window valance (she did a great job), the rest of the bedding I ordered from Javis Davis. I made the framed "M" & "R" letters above the crib & bed (thanks to the Restoration Hardware catalog for the inspiration...hopefully they don't think they have a copyright on the alphabet like a particular business in Columbia seems to think). The Ernest Lee painting used to be in our room over the garage/playroom...Graem gave it to me when we were dating...it is a little unconventional but I have always loved it and now I have the perfect spot for it. :)


4 comments:
Nice Room! I love the book shelf! What is his name going to be again?
Hope you are doing well and I we will see you soon!
Love it! Their room is precious! They will love sharing...my girls do! And Robert begs for a brother to share with!
What a precious room! Looks like you are all ready....we can't wait to meet Roper!
Love,
Aunt Beth
That is great and you will have tell me how you made those letters. That would be a great gift for my niece's. Use different colors but I loved them!!! Can't wait to meet Roper!!
Post a Comment