Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nash-Vegas!



Graem and I love any excuse to take a trip to Nashville...and Mason loves any excuse to take a trip to the farm! What better reason did we need than for the USC v. Vanderbilt football game?

After dropping Mason off at my parent's house, we headed on up to Nashville, met Deborah and Jason, and had a great time hanging out at all the honky-tonks on Broadway! The only unpleasant part of our trip was a period of about 3 hours on Thursday night. Those Gamecocks really can increase a girl's blood pressure! Seriously, how did we lose that game??? I think I saw some of the players out at Tootsie's in the wee hours of the morning the night before the game. That must explain it!?!

There is nothing I love more than a celebrity sighting. Unfortunately, my celebrity sightings are few & far between. The only real famous person I have ever seen was Jeff Gordon at the Hard Rock Casino in Vegas (the one in Nevada, not Tennessee). I was hoping to run into a famous country star, but the only quasi-celebrities we encountered were:
  • Kelli Pickler (she sang the National Anthem at the game)
  • Matt Mason (from "Nashville Star" -- which I have never watched, but he was great and I like his last name)
  • Andre Bauer
  • Todd Ellis
  • The Crackman. I will have to delve into the subject of the Crackman in another post. He is quite a character and certainly deserves his own post. Stay tuned...

post signature

No comments: